So my Mom was here visiting and I have been MIA from my usual Internet haunts lately. We had a great visit...I wish we lived closer. Anyhoo, I don't want to get all sappy about it. But while she was here I did introduce her to some amazing vegan food. When I go home for visits, I usually end up making my own food and her and my Dad eat their standard meat and potatoes dinners. Not so much because my Mom is unadventurous, but simply because my Dad feels he needs meat and potatoes every night. Sure.
Anyhoo, my Mom adores East Indian food and hasn't had it in years, so I made her some dhal, chole, and naan...she loved it. While she was here I also made her my "cheesy" enchiladas, pizza, chickenless hot wings, and my recipe for baked penne and cheese. She was pretty impressed.
Sorry folks, no pictures. Lame, I know. I don't even have a very good excuse.
Vegan MoFo: Back with Tales of Cooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that's so cool that you shared vegan food with your Mom. It's nice to be yourself and not have to compromise excessively.
sounds like fun cooking for your family. food sounds really yummy.
does your dad try some of the food you make?
Did you say you were going to make her some curry (or did I just dream that)? Since I am ignorant of Indian food, are any of those dishes "curry"?
Post a Comment