Vegan MoFo: tortilla pizza-esque creation

What do you do when you really really want a pizza but there are no pizza ingredients in the house? Well you could make a tortilla pizza:


I took some random veggies floating around my fridge (zucchini, red onion, bell pepper) and roasted them briefly in the oven. I took some leftover tofu, cubed it, and fried it up with some herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then I threw it all onto a tortilla along with some alfalfa sprouts, broiled it, sprinkled some "parmesan" cheese, and voila. Was it as good as a gooey pizza? No. But it was pretty darn good anyhow.

7 comments:

jessy said...

oh my gosh - your tortilla pizza looks AWESOME! especially the herbs, tofu, and sprouts! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Shelby said...

Sounds delicious!! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I did this too! We are veganMoFO twins! Yours looks a lot healthier than mine :)

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

what a great variety of toppings!

Anonymous said...

I bet it was even better than good!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

That looks so freakin tasty. I'm so hungry now!

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Mmm, you really heaped that sucker up!