Alas, I do not have access to a computer on which I can download pictures from my camera today, so please forgive me for having a text only post. Anyhoo, without pictures of food to blog about, I was worried I wasn't going to have anything to blog about. And missing a VeganMoFo post on the THIRD day is pretty lame. But then I remembered a site I stumbled across many moons ago, bookmarked, and then promptly forgot.
I usually take supper leftovers for lunch. But sometimes there are no leftovers. Or sometimes the leftovers are gross. Or sometimes it's something that doesn't transport well. Whatever. An obvious solution would be to take a sandwich. But I am horribly uncreative at coming up with vegan sandwiches. Well good thing I found this list of 50 Vegan Sandwich Ideas. The ones I think sound exceptionally delicious are:
13. Med Veg – Roasted Mediterranean vegetables and hummus on sun-dried tomato bread.
20. Dolphin Friendly Salad - flaked smoked tofu, vegan tomato pesto, spring onions, vegan mayo and salad.
26. For Alfalfa's Sake – alfalfa and red roasted pepper hummus.
28. Bloody Mary – tomatoes, black pepper, sun-dried tomato paste on olive ciabatta.
43. Falafeling About - sliced falafel with onions, chilli sauce and shredded cabbage.And I shall spend the weekend tracking down a computer to download photos onto, for my next Vegan MoFo post is due on Monday.

6 comments:
One can never have too many sandwiches, they travel so well and you don't need many if any dishes :)
I often go for long periods without eating sandwiches, and then I have one again and wonder why on earth it took me so long to go back to them! lovely ideas here.
I'm going to check this out!
They all sound great - but I really love falafal and that one really catches my eye!
Love those ideas!
Your new blog look is bright and eye-catching--looks terrific!
I saved a link to his on my desktop. Can you imagine trying all of those. Well, a girl has to do what a girl has to do. :o)
Post a Comment