Vegan MoFo: Curried Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

If you are looking to make a pumpkin soup, I highly, highly, highly recommend curried pumpkin black bean soup over at 28 Cooks. We both loved it.

As an aside, the next day I was taking leftovers to school for my lunch and somehow the container opened in my backpack, which has never happened before. Ever. So as good as this soup is, it's not nice to walk around smelling like curry all day. HOWEVER, I was whining about my curry soup-filled backpack, and someone pointed out, "hey, at least your laptop is still broken so it wasn't in there..." I guess there really is a bright side to everything?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, my today's post will be about pumpkin soup, too. I never had it with black beans, but I love the pumpkin and bean combo.

Shelby said...

Sounds yummy - however I agree. I probably wouldn't want to walk around smelling like curry either! ;)
Make sure you come enter the chocolate giveaway Carrie! She has vegan chocolates and will be sending what people request!!!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

funny story! Thanks for the tip on the recipe.

Fiber said...

Glad you loved it!

Bethany said...

the revenge of the pumpkin - in your backpack. that sucks. good that your friend found the silver lining.

soup looks yummy.

What a Dish! said...

Oh man, sorry the container spilled all over your backpack and you it smelled like curry all day!