Vegan MoFo: Spicy Eggplant and Peanut Soup

Ever since I first flipped through Veganomicon, I've had the recipe for spicy eggplant and peanut soup flagged. I was just waiting for a day when I had some eggplant and a house to myself so that I could cook with peanutbutter without killing the bf. Well, my patience paid off and I was given the opportunity to make this wonderful soup...and it was all I had hoped for. I did make a few changes based on what I had in the house and my lazy desire to not have to go to the store. I didn't have any shallots, so I just used onion. I also omitted the green beans part and added more spice. I think I also threw in extra garlic, but I always throw in extra garlic. I also blended the soup with my immersion blender, because nothing beats a thick creamy soup. Mmm.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

This sounds really good! Glad you had the chance to make it!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Sooo pretty and perfect for October!

Anonymous said...

I just made it into a stew and a lot of other mods a few days ago and absolutely loved it.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I have two eggplants I need to use and I love soup! I cant believe ive never noticed this recipe in Vcon. I need to make more use of that cookbook. Thanks for the post! I know my hubby will just love this - and you made it look so beautiful.