Vegan MoFo: Pumpkin Baked Ziti with Sage Crumb Topping


We still have tons of pumpkin puree, so I decided to jump on the vegan blog bandwagon and try the pumpkin baked ziti from Veganomicon. Well, kind of, we didn't have ziti so I used penne. I also used the tofu ricotta recipe instead of the cashew ricotta so the bf could eat it. Oh yes, and I left out the walnuts in the topping. Maybe it was my changes to the recipe, but we thought this was just "okay." I've read a lot of raves about this recipe, so I think perhaps I just didn't do that great of a job of making it nut-free. Excuse the bad picture, it was late, which implies bad lighting. Which I am sure I am going to have to deal with all winter. Boo.

Note: My Mom is here for the next few days staying with us, so I probably won't be visiting your blogs as often as I normally do.

5 comments:

Shelby said...

I fought with lighting the last two nights too. I agree...double boo.

Becka Robinson said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing recipe. I'm loving all these pumpkin-laced goodies!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

I do love this recipe. Sorry your version wasn't what you'd hoped. And the short days do suck, particularly for photos.

Judy's Nutrition said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I too have heard a lot about this recipe, I will have to give it a try soon.

Jen Treehugger said...

I've had my eye on this recipe for a while now! Yours looks totally scrummy!