Recently I checked out Vegan Planet from the library. Unfortunately I am unable to renew it as someone else has requested it...so that's hardly enough time to really get a feel for the over 400 recipes contained within. But I have tried a few dishes so far.
Cajun spice-rubbed tempeh. I adore tempeh. I adore Cajun spice. Match made in heaven.
We wanted some bread to go with soup I was making. There wasn't time to make a yeast bread, so I tried the Irish soda bread. I've never had soda bread before...it's a lot like what I would call bannock, and in fact the ingredients are pretty much the same.
The tofu vindaloo is also excellent and comes highly recommended, we both adored it.

My computer is supposedly being fixed today or tomorrow, so I should have it back home soon...along with photoshop so I can actually edit pictures again. Yay. Once I am a computer owner again I will also resume frequenting your blogs.

10 comments:
I think I want that book now. Everything you made looks so good. And horray for getting the computer back!
Hi! I wandered over from the VeganMoFo feed... I just wanted to say that Vegan Planet is my absolute favorite cookbook EVER! While you have the book, there are a couple things in there you should try and/or write down... one is the Tahini Rotini with Broccoli, and the other is a banana split tea bread with pineapple and dried cherries. Omg, good. I really love that book, though, and I use it more than any of my others.
I too wondered over from the veganmofo thread and wanted to second the love for Vegan Planet. I'm a terrible cook (i mean TERRIBLE. i've set my dinner on fire TWICE. seriously, i should be locked away.) and everything I've made from VP has been total vegan deliciousness.
also, your blog = THE CUTEST BEST!
I haven't made much from vegan planet yet but that cajun tempeh, ohh that looks good.
this is a great idea. I love getting pointed in the direction of good recipes. I have this book but haven't tried any of the recipes you mentioned!
I play this game with my library for the same book among others. Check it out, return it, and go on the waiting list. :o) Good food
hooray for the computer!
I love vegan planet: give a try to the molasses bread that's in there, if you get to grab the book again soon.
I gotta try vegan planet. I hear such good things about it. Irish soda bread is yummy. I like it with golden raisins and caraway seeds.
I gotta try vegan planet. I hear such good things about it. Irish soda bread is yummy. I like it with golden raisins and caraway seeds.
grrr... blogger double commented me. sorry ;-(.
Post a Comment