Vegan MoFo: Sweet & Sour & Spicy Eggplant


Last night for dinner I made a sweet & sour eggplant dish, with some cubed up left-over tofu. I'm not sure why. Generally speaking I don't really care for sweet and sour dishes. I never have. It's like my palette can't handle two different tastes at once, it's weird. At this point I was playing around with the dish and added a bit of sriracha, so then it was sweet and sour AND spicy. I think this dish has potential, but the recipe, or lack thereof, isn't quite share-able just yet.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I'll be interested when the recipe is shareable! I always loved to get the Garlic Eggplant dish at Wegmans Grocery (in the chinese bar).

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm not really keen on sweet and sour - but it sure does look good!

beastmomma said...

This is the second eggplant recipe I have seen today. Also, I am hosting a giveaway as part of VeganMoFo. Here is the link if you are interested: http://beastmomma.squarespace.com/from-shelf-to-hand/2008/10/16/giveaway.html

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I love spicy eggplant dishes... never thought to do sweet and sour though and I have TWO eggplants!!