Vegan MoFo: Tales of Thanksgiving

Yesterday's Thanksgiving dinner went over very well...and of course everyone ate until we were all so stuffed we had to go watch a movie and lounge in the living room complaining about how full we were. But without further ramblings about our gluttony, here are some food pictures.

My kitty and I got up bright and early to make the rolls:

And here are said rolls fresh out of the oven, glistening with melted Earth Balance:

And of course, the tofu turkey:

Here's the money shot that shows the stuffing that was inside the "turkey." I based my stuffing recipe on this recipe...using VWAV's tempeh sausage crumbles recipe as the sausage portion:

We also had Susan V's green bean casserole, which is AMAZING. Seriously. Everyone loved this dish. In fact, I just polished off the leftovers for breakfast.

We also had some thyme roasted sweet potatoes, because you can't go wrong with thyme roasted sweet potatoes.

Not pictures are mashed potatoes and gravy. Honestly if I never had mashed potatoes again it wouldn't really bother me, but other people seem to love them. Anyhoo, here's my plate, drenched in gravy:

For dessert, I made Bryanna Clark Grogan's pumpkin pie. I had my doubts about it...I have made one other vegan pumpkin pie and it was NOT good. But this one seemed to go over alright.

Quite frankly though, I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie. I could take it or leave it. So I made a brownie torte, based on the recipe in Sinfully Vegan, which I have checked out from the library. It's essentially a brownie baked in a cake pan, covered in caramel, covered in ganache, with a chocolate buttercream rosette. Mmmm...


EDIT: I forgot to add what I'm thankful for...my computer is back, yay!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving. I wish I could taste a slice of that brownie torte!

aTxVegn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Mashed potatoes are a requirement for all my family get-togethers too. I think those rolls look the best!

Shelby said...

Carrie, it all looks really delicious! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Bex said...

Happy Thanksgiving, glad you have your computer back!
That is so cute that your kitty "helps" you in the kitchen. Everything looks great so you guys did an awesome job.
I am so trying the green bean casserole and some thyme roasted sweet potatoes. Thanks for the inspiration for when I get to do this next month.

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

that green bean casserole looks out of this world. I've gotta check out the recipe!

Zoey said...

Wow, your food all looks so good!

Your kitty is super cute too- it is good to have a little helper in the kitchen.

What a Dish! said...

Happy late Thanksgiving!!

Jen Treehugger said...

It all looks so amazing! I LOVE the rolls the best.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

oh man... see, what your thanksgiving had over ours was the key ingredients -- real gravy!!!

And everything else looks soooo good, I was eyeing that green bean recipe, and sweet potatoes, and yep, I'll take that pumpkin pie off of your hands if you want. :D

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, Lobs, especially the rolls (drooling as I save the recipe); that green bean casserole looks very tempting also, as well as the sweet potatoes.

Your comment about mashed potato makes me laugh--I would gladly LIVE on mashed potatoes. :-)