Vegan MoFo: Eggplant Paremsan...sans parmesan


We bought a few gorgeous looking eggplants at the farmers market last time we were there. One of my favourite vegetarian (pre-vegan) dishes was eggplant parmesan. I mean...fried eggplant smothered in cheese...what could be better? Well I wanted to try again at making a vegan version. Last time I tried baking the eggplant and while it was good, it just wasn't AS good.

So I looked around and found this recipe on VegWeb. It was pretty good. I didn't really follow the directions for the sauce...I just kind of did my own thing to make a ragout type tomato sauce. We both loved it without the cheese...but I think a little mozza Follow Your Heart wouldn't hurt anything.

And now that I've sat in my lab on campus blogging about eggplant, I suppose it's time to get back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!

Shelby said...

Well Carrie, I'm sitting at my desk at work reading your blog about eggplants! lol. I don't want to get back to work! SIGH. Less than an hour to go....

Bex said...

I just cannot get enough eggplant!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

that eggplant looks crispy and just perfect.