Vegan MoFo: Chili sin Carne al Mole

I adore chili. However, my kind of chili is the type where you throw everything into a pot and make it spicy. I've never had chili con carne in its proper form. Although the chili sin carne al mole from Vegan with a Vegneance is very very different from the way I normally make chili, I thought I would give it a try.

I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, with the exception that I used baked seitan (we prefer the texture) and added some red pepper flakes for some extra heat. It was bizarre...but in a really amazing way. It had such a unique taste with the cocoa and molasses in there with the spice...we both spent hours discussing the glory that is chili sin carne al mole from VWAV. Was it photogenic? Not at all. But still very tasty.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'e been thinking about trying out this recipe soon, thanks for the review!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

this is my favorite chili recipe!

Shelby said...

Looks great Carrie!

Linda said...

This looks amazing, Lobs!