Tonight I realized I had an eggplant in the fridge that had to be used up. What better time than to make the roasted eggplant and spinach muffuletta from Veganomicon. Okay I swear, I WILL use other recipes at some point. I've been in a Veganomicon groove lately. There's so many delicious sounding recipes in there that I just can't help it.
This was really, really, really good. In fact, I think it just might be the best sandwich I've ever had. One of the top three anyway. The only bread I had was some french bread, which would have turned into mush if I had let it marinate the three hours the recipe suggests. Next time (and God as my witness, there WILL be a next time) I would love to try this out on nice crusty sourdough. Mmmm....

6 comments:
mmm... that photo made my mouth water! YUMM!
That muffuletta is the best sammich ever invented!
Your photos are always amazing! EVERYTHING looks delicious.
That sandwich looks really good- I love sandwiches!!
YUM!!!!!!
Awesome photo Lobs, and it looks so delicious!
Post a Comment