Yet another barbeque post...

Let me preface by saying this that the bf LOVES to bbq. So almost everyday that he's home to prepare dinner he says "hey let's have a bbq!" He gets this hopeful look in his eyes that I can't bring myself to say no. So last night I flipped through Veganomicon, ignoring the fact that I had planned on a lasagna, and decided to make black bean burgers.

The bf also whipped up some veggie skewers. He chops red onion, red pepper, mushrooms, and garlic cloves and marinates them in some sort of secret marinade. Well, he says it's secret, but really I think he just does it differently each time. I know it has olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a bit of marsala wine, and then just various spices. Either way, they are sooooo good!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks and sounds good! You can send your BF here to BBQ for us any night. lol. Smart move to do the BBQ - I never turn down someone else fixing my meal!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I'm going to try his marinade...the marsala is probably excellent w/ the mushrooms. Yummm!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

please invite me next time! holy vegan skewer~ I'm envious

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

you're so lucky you a bbq! that meal looks fantastic. (and aren't the bean burgers awesome?)

Linda said...

Everything looks yummy, Lobs. Did the BF like the bean burgers?