Acorn Squash & Black Bean Empanadas

Tonight for dinner I decided to use up my lone acorn squash floating around in my fridge by making the acorn squash and black bean empanadas from Veganomicon. This was my first empanada experience, so I have no clue what they are supposed to taste like. All i know is that these were pretty yummy. The dough is wonderful...nice and flaky. The insides are tangy and sweet. I served the empanadas with a cilantro sauce I buy from a man at the farmer's market....it's quite spicy so that complimented the sweetness of the filling perfectly.


I did enjoy them, but they are a fair amount of work. They are something I would make again, but probably not that often. I do have a fair amount left over so I am going to try freezing them, and then I'll reheat them in the oven at a later date. I would think that if they were microwaved they would get super soggy...and that would be gross.


1 comments:

Shelby said...

Your food always looks so good!