Last night for dinner I made the oh-so raved about Snobby Joes from Veganomicon. I've heard nothing but rave reviews of these guys so I had pretty high expectations. They were pretty good, but I think next time I would omit the maple syrup. I thought they were too sweet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them, they're just not the best thing I've made out of the entire cookbook. Wow, Veganomicon has such a cult following that I feel guilty for not adoring a recipe. I know, I'm weird, I apologize for liking but not loving a recipe.
Anyhoo, the bf was adamant that he hates sloppy joes because of the texture, so he wouldn't try these on a bun. But he did have some of the lentil mixture on the side and he seemed to really like it. So I guess I'm the odd one.
Anyhoo, the bf was adamant that he hates sloppy joes because of the texture, so he wouldn't try these on a bun. But he did have some of the lentil mixture on the side and he seemed to really like it. So I guess I'm the odd one.

I had never had a sloppy joe before, so after I served it I quizzically looked at it for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to eat the thing. Are you supposed to use your hands or a knife and fork? Anyhoo, I quickly figured out why they're called sloppy joes.

2 comments:
LOL Lobs, you eat it anyway you wish! I use a fork because I'm too much of a priss :-p
I like these for a sweet version, but I also like a tangy recipe from the New Farm cookbook made with TVP. I'm such a fan of them that I eat them open faced with a fork!
Post a Comment