A few weeks ago I was at a giant super market and saw a box of soy chunks in the ethnic food aisle. They were really cheap and looked interesting so I picked some up. There they sat. So when I saw this recipe for sesame soy curls with asparagus and quinoa I thought the soy chunks would be perfect.
I followed the recipe pretty closely, with the exceptions of omitting the carrot and adding some green onion. I also didn't have a dried chile so I used red pepper flakes. Okay, well, for me that's following a recipe pretty closely. This was pretty darn good. Even the bf loved it. I was worried he would hate the texture of the soy chunks but he declared that they were close to sausage and scarfed them down. I can't comment on whether or not that is true, but there you go.

2 comments:
can u add me at msn yao772@hotmail.com, i would like to ask you more about vegan food.
I think I could easily eat that whole plate, and I'm no vegan (insert shocked expression here). You really make it look good...
Post a Comment