BBQ Dinner and Gardening Fun

Nothing too special for dinner tonight...a veggie burger out of my freezer for a bbq. However, I used one of the buns I made on the weekend and it was soooo good! Really chewy and not overly bread-ish (if that makes any sense). You know how sometimes hamburger buns just taste like a crustless piece of bread? Not these babies. We also grilled some corn on the cob, some potatoes, red peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and I made a salad.

Excuse the bad picture...but I was hungry and wanted to eat!

This morning the bf still had the rental vehicle from his trip, so we got up ridiculously early and went and bought some herbs and other assorted things for planters. It's still too early here for the flower garden, but at least planters we can bring in at night if it's supposed to get unseasonally cold or something.

sweet basil...which will hopefully have a future as pesto

curly parsley & cilantro

a tomato plant

jalapeƱo & banana peppers

rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, chives, parsley, and cilantro

Neither of us has herb-growing experience (or much gardening experience for that matter)...so here's hoping the herbs survive my black thumb.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome looking plants Lobs!

Shelby said...

Lobs, your food always looks so yummy. I wish you were nearby to cook for ME! LOL

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Your dinner looks amazing! Was the burger as good as it looked?