Tomato-Rice Soup with Navy Beans

Tonight I made the tomato rice soup with roasted garlic and navy beans from Veganomicon. Only my version was sans roasted garlic. I didn't have garlic bulbs on hand so I just added minced garlic to the onions. It was pretty good...I did play around with the spices but I always do that with soup. It's part of the fun of making soup. Well, to me anyway.

Next time I make this I will add less water as I like my soups pretty thick. It wasn't detrimental or anything, I just reduced the soup before I ate it. I served the soup with a nice thick piece of the sourdough I made a couple of days ago. The sourdough along with the tang of the tomatoes was sooo right on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomato and rice soup, never had tomato soup that way, sounds great and with that delicious looking piece of sourdough bread...nummy! :)