Tonight I made the chipotle, corn, and black bean stew from Vegan with a Vengeance. I think this is the first recipe from that book that I didn't absolutely love. Now don't get me wrong, it was good, just not amazing. And I probably wouldn't make it again. In fact, I think I would just make this recipe for tortilla stew. Yes, I realize that recipe isn't quite the same and doesn't have chipotle peppers.
I added a few extra veggies to the stew, mainly to get rid of them before they rotted. I added red bell pepper, green onion, and some tofu. The bf had the same opinion that I did, pretty good and tasty, but not amazing.

As an aside, I came home today to find my rosemary blossoming!

5 comments:
Hmmm, that doesn't look anywhere near my chipotle black bean soup, Carrie! It's definately more colorful.
Hey Lobs--it may not have been the best, but it sure looks delicious!
the rosemary is so beautiful, but quick, pinch the flowers off! I know like, nothing about herb growing (I only started this spring), but I think if they flower too long they stop producing the good herbal leaves.
and I am SUCH a ketchup-drowner, high five! (ketchup on celery is my absolute favourite snack ever, and I wouldn't dream of eating tofu scramble without it... sometimes I'll make food so I can put ketchup on it XD)
I love brushing my hands on rosemary, as I pass by, to take that fragrance with me. Congrats on the new blooms, you little vegan gardener! :)
Oh Carrie, I bet that would feel wonderful on my sore throat! Looks delish!
Post a Comment