Spicy Tortilla Stew



Spicy Tortilla Stew (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
  • 1 can red enchilada sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cube veggie bouillon
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 4 6″ corn tortillas, torn into strips
  • crushed red pepper flakes to taste (depending on how spicy you like it)
In a pot, mix the enchilada sauce and water. Dissolve the bouillon cube in the liquid, and season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Mix in the beans, tomatoes, and corn. Simmer until heated through. Mix in tortillas and cook until heated through.
It was pretty good. I was sweating by the end of the bowl but that’s the way I like my Mexican food. I had some leftovers for lunch today and they seemed to keep pretty good. The corn tortilla was pretty soggy and disintegrated, but I still thought it was yummy.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Carrie - with both you and Lady making mexican this week I am envious. Grumpy hasn't been making it home for dinner and so I haven't been making much of anything. I'm jealous!

Carrie said...

I've been cooking a lot for myself this week too. The bf is in a "I need meat" phase. Oh well, his loss! I just take the leftovers for lunch!

Veggie Cookster said...

Looks really, really yummy on this cold winter day! :)