I'm always drooling over this recipe for seitan ribs. so I finally decided to try them. Now the horrid thing about living in Canada in February is that there was no way these were going to be cooked on the bbq. So the plain ol' oven had to suffice. Couple that with the horrid lighting in my kitchen and my amateur photography skills and mine don't look nearly as good as Susan's...but they were delicious anyway.

I had a bit of a problem in that we didn't have nearly as much bbq sauce as I thought we did, so I had to stretch what we did have in the fridge to cover all of them. I also found it hard to make them crisp up in the oven...I don't have much seitan experience and i was afraid of drying them out if I left them in longer. I suppose grilling them on the bbq would help this? Anyhoo, even my omni bf loved them and went back for a third helping.

1 comments:
well Carrie, your braver than I am because I have never dared try to make seitan myself! If the omni BF went back for seconds - then they must have been good!
Post a Comment