Mmmm...I ate dinner about 2.5 hours ago and I still have that food afterglow. That's what squash does to me...I love the stuff. I could probably eat it everyday.
Roasted Butternut Squash (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley (or 2 tsp. dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
2. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until squash is just tender.

That’s my bf’s plate…He put parmesan cheese on his. Because he can’t eat delicious, unadulterated veggies. *sigh* But that is a rant for another post. My squash had a mishap and didn’t look so nice, so his plate was the one to be photographed.
I had some broccoli in the fridge that was on its way to spoiling, so I cooked that up, too.

- 1 lb. fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover and cook until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli and toss with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.

1 comments:
Carrie this looks so good to me. I am a squash lover - winter or summer doesn't matter!
Post a Comment