Curried Onion Rings
There I was, staring in my nearly-bare fridge, trying to figure out what the heck I was going to have for dinner. Half an onion kept staring at me defiantly. So I accepted it's challenge. Warning, if you don't like onions, you're probably not going to like this. And if you don't like curry, you're definitely not going to like this. This recipe was adapted from one in Sensational Vegetable Recipes.
Curried Onion Rings
* 1/2 onion, sliced into rings
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
* 1/4 tsp brown sugar
Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions and curry. Saute until onions are tender. Mix in brown sugar and serve.
It was a bit too sweet for me, but I can see how some people would like it. Next time I make it for myself I'll probably use half the sugar, as I prefer more spicy than sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey Carrie, this sounds really good. I will have to try these soon - maybe with a good veggie burger!
oh man...they would be soooo good on a burger!
Lobs, if you can taste a mere 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, you must have an incredibly sensitive palate--LOL!
Post a Comment