Well I finally did it. Last night I boiled a potato out of my own free will. My dad is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He just loves plain boiled potatoes. So I grew up having these nearly every night for dinner. Boring, yuck, blah, etc. So I have this grudge against boiled potatoes. In fact, I don't think I've ever actually boiled a potato. Well I found out last evening that boiled potatoes don't have to be boring.
I was looking for a simple side dish and thought I would try
curried cumin potatoes from Allrecipes.com. I tweaked the recipe to make it a little more healthy.
Curried Cumin Potatoes (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cut into cubes
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. cumin seed
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
1.
Place potatoes into a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until just tender. Drain.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Saute until toasted. Serve hot.
2 comments:
OMG those look so good I'll probably leave the oil in, because I'm an oinker.
i'd add oil next time i make them...i really think they'd be that little bit better with it.
Post a Comment