Butternut Squash Bisque

Tonight I was faced with the dilemma of what do with the leftover squash in my fridge. I played around with this recipe and came up with something a lot more healthy. I served it with some cornbread I had in the freezer.

Butternut Squash Bisque










  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 cup carrot, grated
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
Heat onion in olive oil (or saute in water or veggie broth) in medium saucepan until onion is tender. Add vegetable broth, carrot, squash, and spices. Bring to a boil and then simmer until squash is tender. Transfer to a blender and puree, or use an immersion blender. Return to heat. Serves 2.



Once I heated mine back up I played with spices a bit more until it was perfect - this is a personal taste thing so play around with it.

1 comments:

Linda said...

Lobs, this looks & sounds amazing! Thanks for posting...