I was at a bbq on Friday which resulted in a LOT of leftover baked potatoes. We're talking about 30 of them. So I brought about 10 home. In my lacto-ovo days I simply adored potato salad. Seriously. At bbqs sometimes that would be all I would eat, by choice. Just a giant plate of potato salad.
So when I eyed the recipe for Prospect Park Potato Salad in Veganomicon I had my doubts. Cucumber? Vinegar? Turmeric? In a potato salad, are you mad?! Well, my doubts are now squashed, for this was AMAZING. I had two giant bowls of it for lunch. I can't really compare it to the dairy & egg ridden potato salad of my past, because this one is SO different. The dressing is delicious and the cucumber goes wonderfully...never again will I question their place in a potato salad.

6 comments:
I was totally eyeing this recipe when I made the macaroni salad, and I think I'll have to run out for potatoes soon!
I love potato salad with fresh sliced tomatoes. I think I found this recipe on Recipe Zaar--is it the same? http://www.recipezaar.com/285342
Granny - thats totally the same recipe. I even ate some for breakfast today. I think I have an addiction.
Liz - you should - it's awesome!
I pretty much always pass over potato salad recipes in favor of pasta salad, but I'll have to give this one a second look, yum.
That looks too good to pass up, I can't believe I passed over it in V'Con. YUM!
Lobs - You have a way of making vegan look so appealing and yummy!
Post a Comment