The bf is still away, so last night for dinner I made veggie sushi for myself. It was supposed to be a serving for one, but I made three rolls. And devoured them all. Meh.
First up, the spicy tempeh nori roll from Veganomicon. I left out the avocado, seeing as how avocado makes me ill and all. In lieu of a green onion (which I did not have) I used some fresh chives from our herb garden. I really need to start making this filling for sandwiches, I love it so.
I also made an aspargus roll. I lightly steamed the asparagus before rolling it, because I really don't like asparagus that's too crunchy.
Last but not least, kappa maki, or cucumber roll. This was my last sheet of nori and it was badly torn, so I did the best rolling job I could do. Hence why it looks a little odd.

3 comments:
The asparagus roll looks like it might be one I would like!
Three rolls is a perfect serving size for one person, in my opinion.
Lobs, you are a food artist. I've never had sushi, but I would try yours. :-)
Post a Comment