Last night we had some friends over for a bbq. One is a vegetarian and the other is an omnivore. So the bf grilled up some hamburgers, but I made Susan V's seitan ribz. This was my third time making them and I can't get over how amazing they are. Everyone, veggies and non-veggies, loves them. I was out of bbq sauce and didn't want to run to the store, so I whipped up a batch of backyard bbq sauce from veganomicon.
To go with the dinner I made the lentil salad, also from Veganomicon. I think I overcooked the lentils a wee bit. It was good, but I like my lentils to be chewy in a salad. Oh well, good to know for next time.
For dessert I made Cookies and Cream Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes take over the World. Honestly these were the best cupcakes I have ever had. Hands down. I only made 6 because there was only 4 of us for dinner and I didn't think 12 would get eaten. Big mistake. We ended up having to split the last two in half.

6 comments:
oh my Carrie, I would love one of those cupcakes!
Lobs, those cupcakes look insanely good. I've seen so many good reviews of that cupcake book. And your ribs! The fact that everyone likes them, even meat-lovers, is amazing.
Lobs your photos always look so mouth-watering! And today’s are no different! Your ribs and cupcakes look so yummy!
I love those ribz too, always tasty. And why have I yet to make those cupcakes? Cookies and cream is one of my favorite flavors. Must try them soon.
I like those ribz a lot! yum
I have to make those cookies and cream cupcakes-they look soo good!
I absolutely love Susan V's ribz. I've made them quite a few times and I adore them.
And a friend of mine made those very same cupcakes and I'd have to agree with you - they are super tasty!
Post a Comment