Back with a BBQ

Excuse the lack of updates. I was away at a conference on the east coast. Anyhoo, I am back now, and have pictures to share with you of our bbq dinner last night.

I marinated a lovely portobella mushroom in a marinade of olive oil, dijon, regular mustard, sea salt, pepper, and marsala wine. mmm.... I then toasted some sourdough ciabatta I had in my freezer. I spread some olive oil on the bread and then sprinkled on some herbs from my garden and minced garlic. We also had grilled asparagus and a mediterranean salad I picked up at a store.

Portobella Mushroom Marinade:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard (I used the whole grain kind)
  • 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 tbsp marsala wine
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 portabella mushroom cap
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Put in mushroom cap, turning a few times to cover. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Makes 1 serving.

And then for dessert, a soy ice cream sundae with neopolitan ice cream, bananas, chocolate syrup, walnuts, and cherries.

5 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Can't wait to try that portobella marinade! And it's hard to believe that sundae is vegan!

Erin said...

Oh yum! Both the portobella and the sundae look scrumptious!

Shelby said...

I love mushrooms, I just wish I could get everyone to eat the way I like! Well, by everyone I mean Grumpy!

Anonymous said...

Carrie this looks amazing! I wish I had more willing participants (like Honey & her Grumpy)
Jam

Anonymous said...

That sammich looks perfect for summer. I haven't had a grilled portobella in soo long!

And of course the sundae looks awesome :)