Whenever I buy eggplant, I am always at a loss for what to do with it. I adore eggplant. And I have so many recipes I have yet to try and I spend hours studying them deciding which one would be best. Well the other night it was finally eggplant rollatini's turn from Veganomicon.
I don't know why I kept this recipe on the backburner for so long. Actually, that's a lie. I know why, it's because this recipe takes quite awhile to prepare. But the results are so worth it. I baked the eggplant instead of frying it in an attempt to keep the dish somewhat healthy. Even my tofu hating bf loved it. Except he put real cheese on top of his as he's allergic to nuts and couldn't have the almonds. If you ever find yourself with a couple of hours to spare, this dish comes highly highly recommended.
I don't know why I kept this recipe on the backburner for so long. Actually, that's a lie. I know why, it's because this recipe takes quite awhile to prepare. But the results are so worth it. I baked the eggplant instead of frying it in an attempt to keep the dish somewhat healthy. Even my tofu hating bf loved it. Except he put real cheese on top of his as he's allergic to nuts and couldn't have the almonds. If you ever find yourself with a couple of hours to spare, this dish comes highly highly recommended.

1 comments:
Oooh, like a lasagna roll without the noodles. Looks delicious!
Post a Comment