Bread & Bruschetta

This week we had to attend a work-related barbeque and we were supposed to bring an appetizer. I'm not sure why, but immediately I had the idea to bake several different types of bread and take along a bruschetta of sorts.

First up, I made sourdough ciabatta. I don't have a Kitchen Aid, so it was my first time using the "stretch and fold" technique. Which is pretty odd the first time you do it...I figured there was no way that it would give me a nice dough, just folding it, but it works wonderfully. Anyhoo, I also made some multigrain quinoa baguettes, based on this recipe, except that I shaped them into normal-sized baguettes instead of mini baguettes.



And then, just for kicks, I decided to make the poolish focaccia from VeganYumYum. The bf was in love with this stuff. He ate about 3/4 of the pan, and the recipe makes a LOT. I also used fresh herbs from my garden for the first time so that made it extra special for me.

Right before baking....

Out of the oven...

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Carrie, you do an awesome job! When are you coming to my house to cook/bake?! :-D

What a Dish! said...

Oh my gosh, I have to make that focaccia!!! It looks sooo good- i've never made one using a starter before.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

quinoa bread with no white flour? that sounds so perfect, I'll have to try that! and also, that focaccia looks like absolute heaven. :o

Linda said...

Did you make a starter Lobs?