Mini Multigrain Quinoa Baguettes

I've been wanting to make this recipe for awhile now. So that’s what I did this evening. I changed things up a bit though…first things first I omitted the honey. I also used a mixture of multigrain bread flour and whole wheat flour so that there is NO white flour anywhere in these babies. Plus I made them into mini baguettes (perfect sandwich size) instead of long baguettes.


Mini Multigrain Quinoa Baguettes:
  • 1 c. uncooked quinoa
  • 2 c. warm (110 F) water
  • 2 tsp. active dry yeast
  • 2 c. multigrain flour
  • 2 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
  • 1 - 1.5 c. whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil

1. Rinse quinoa. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine water and yeast. Let sit 5 min.
3. Mix in quinoa and multigrain flour. Add 0.5 c. whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten, salt, and olive oil.
4. Add additional whole wheat flour 0.25 c. at a time until dough comes together.
5. Knead for approximately 7 min., until dough is smooth and elastic.
6. Place dough in oiled bowl covered with damp cloth until doubled in size (approximately 1.5 hours)
7. Punch down dough. Divide into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into rectangle and then roll up to form a mini baguette shape.
8. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet. Cover with damp cloth until doubled in size (approximately 1 hour).
9. Preheat oven to 425 F. Bake baguettes for approximately 15 min., until they sound hollow when you tap on the bottom. Allow to cool.

Makes 10 mini baguettes

2 comments:

What a Dish! said...

Those mini baguettes look really good, and I'm interested in more ways to use quinoa!

Linda said...

Great looking bread Lobs!