This was actually what I made for dinner on Sunday, but I'm just getting around to posting it now. I've been super swamped with work stuff lately, boo. Anyway, Sunday for dinner I used the jay-lo's fried "chicken" recipe from La Dolce Vegan. I used the faux chicken seitan recipe, baked it, then breaded and fried it. It was sooo amazing! My bf had some and I believe his exact words were "this is the most meat-like thing you've ever made." I'll take that as a compliment coming from him.



To go with it, I made the basic baking soda biscuits, also from La Dolce Vegan, and the white bean tempeh sausage gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance. The tempeh sausage crumbles are utterly sublime...I could eat them by the bowlful...I'm looking forward to trying them in other dishes. The biscuits could use a wee bit more salt, but we both thought the texture was perfect.


1 comments:
I love your enthusiasm about vegan food--you make it sounds really, really good.
Post a Comment