Last night the bf and I had a pizza night. We each made two pizzas. We each made one using our old stand-by crust recipe, Jay's signature pizza crust. But being the thin crust lover that I am, I also wanted to try another recipe. So I turned to Vegan with a Vengeance.
What I wanted to do for pizza night was to make tofu "feta" cheese and some pesto, but we decided to have our pizza night at the last minute and there I was with no tofu (well, I had one block, but it was frozen solid) and no basil. So keep in mind I made up these vegan pizzas in about 5 min., hence the toppings weren't well thought out.
First up, my Mexican pizza using Jay's recipe. I had pizza sauce laced with hot sauce, onion, veggie ground round, a nutritional yeast cheese sauce, and then at the last minute i remembered I had a jalapeƱo pepper in the fridge so I threw that on there as well. It was okay, but next time I think I would cook the cheese sauce with the ground round so it is mixed together. I don't care for that sauce on its own.


Next up is the thin crust. For this one I whipped up some sun-dried tomato hummus (no recipe, just threw everything together in the blender) to use in lieu of pizza sauce. I then added caramelized onion, black olives, capers, mushrooms, and more sun-dried tomatoes. The result? pure heaven. It's not overly "pizza-ish," but it's still delicious! I look forward to having a piece for breakfast when I'm done writing this post.




Next up is the thin crust. For this one I whipped up some sun-dried tomato hummus (no recipe, just threw everything together in the blender) to use in lieu of pizza sauce. I then added caramelized onion, black olives, capers, mushrooms, and more sun-dried tomatoes. The result? pure heaven. It's not overly "pizza-ish," but it's still delicious! I look forward to having a piece for breakfast when I'm done writing this post.



0 comments:
Post a Comment