Sesame Spinach

What do you do when you have a giant bag of spinach in your fridge and you’re worried you won’t be able to eat it all before it goes bad? Well you can saute it up and voila…giant handfuls of spinach suddenly become about 1 cup cooked. Let’s just say I think i got my dose of vitamins for today. I KNOW I got the idea for this dish from someone’s blog…but I cannot for the life of me remember where/when.


I really need to cook more during the daylight so that my pictures aren’t taken under my harsh oven light. Oh well. Keep in mind I hardly ever measure anything when cooking…I just “eyeball” things until the look right.

Sesame Spinach:
1. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over med-high heat.
2. Add 1 tsp minced garlic
3. Add a few big handfuls of fresh, rinsed spinach. stir frequently. spinach will shrink…a LOT.
4. Add 2 drops sesame oil and 1 tsp. soy sauce. continue to stir.
5.Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. I ate this warm, but I think it would be scrumptious cold too.

1 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

Carrie, when I've had a lot of spinach around, I've combined it with some fresh basil in a skillet with olive oil & garlic and tossed it altogether over medium heat. Drizzle on some balsamic vinegar, mix well, sprinkle with fresh-ground pepper, & serve. It's good!