Tamale Bean Pie

So what do you do when you haven't gone grocery shopping in forever and need a meal that requires hardly any fresh veggies? Well, you could make a tamale bean pie.


It was pretty good...the only change I would make next time is add some hot sauce and crushed red pepper...but I like my Mexican food really spicy.I halved the recipe, as the original served 6, but I think mine would still serve 4 if you had a side-dish. I omitted the green pepper because I didn't have any on hand, and subbed kidney beans for the pinto beans.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This really looks amazing Lobs--that cornmeal crust looks crunchy & yummy.

jd said...

Yum - this looks delish!

I'm a fan of really spicy food too, so I'll definitely have to kick it up a little like you suggested.

Thanks for the great idea!