The Infamous Chickpea Cutlets

Tonight I finally made the chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon. Yes, I'm a bit behind the times. I made the baked version and I really liked it. I loved the chewy texture. I served them with a gravy that I made up as I went along, but it was basically thickened up veggie broth, gravy browner, and some seasonings. Next to that is asparagus roasted with olive oil and a bit of salt...delicious.


I think the next time I make these cutlets I would use a mushroom sauce...I hear the one in Vegan with a Vengeance is yummy but I haven't tried that yet.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

These almost look real! Not that I think real is better though! I would love to have a seat at your table!

Carrie said...

And I would love to have you!

Susan Chastain Hulbert said...

Hi there and thanks for the comment on my blog! I thought I'd come over and see what you're cooking since vegan seems challenging. This looks good and I'm not vegan, nor am I a fan of eggplant! But I'm trying to be open-minded, so maybe I'll give this one a shot. The Jaffrey book is great. I don't know why i haven't bought anything by her before.

Susan Chastain Hulbert said...

Oops! I was looking at both these posts and got confused. Oh hell, I'll admit - I had some wine tonight ;) . These look great, too, and I've been eyeing that Veganomicon book for awhile now.

Alyson's Wonderland said...

Oh man these look awesome!

Linda said...

Lobs, I'm tellin' ya, you make vegan very appealing!