General Tao's Tofu

It seems like I'm always behind the times. It took me months and months to get around to making Julie Hasson's seitan sausages. I was way behind the wagon when it came to making the chickpea cutlets. I STILL haven't tried the seitan o'greatness. However, I can now scratch General Tao's Tofu off my list of "famous vegan recipes that everyone in free world, except for me, has tried."

Based on past reviews, I doubled the sauce recipe. Next time I think I would add a tbsp less of sugar, but oh well, it was still delicious. I added tons of veggies to it: red pepper, green pepper, carrots, tons of broccoli, and some nice fresh green onions. Served it over long grain white rice and there you have it. Even the bf loved it, and he usually refuses to eat tofu.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks yummy! I have all the ingredients but haven't made it yet. Plan to soon!!

Erin said...

Doubling the sauce is definitely key! That recipe is so good.