vegan mofo: Vegan Planet

Continuing on with the PPK cookbook challenge, this week's selection is Vegan Planet. This is a gigantic cookbook that I've had for almost a year, but sadly I've only made maybe 2 or 3 recipes from it.

The first thing I made for the challenge was the three bean dal. This was alright. I found it a bit bland so I added a lot more spice and some curry powder. I found the cooking time off for the split peas...mine were still pretty hard, but perhaps that's just the kind I happened to buy. Excuse the horrible picture...it was late.

Next up were the sweet potato and black bean enchiladas. I like this...I really enjoyed the sweetness of the potatoes in with the spiciness of the salsa (we have quite hot salsa in the house). Hubby ate it, but said he prefers my cheesy enchiladas....but I don't really think you can compare the two.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love enchiladas and I never make them anymore. Those look so good!

Mihl said...

I think you got me at gigantic cookbook. I've always heard so many great things about that book.

Katy ~ said...

Hi! I haven't stopped by in a bit and thought it was about time.

Enchiladas look good! Would be perfect for a cold rainy day like today

Anonymous said...

I have vegan planet too and i never use it! I made 1 recipe, it was terrible, and i never used it again! haha. I hope you have better success than i! <3

thendanisays

chow vegan said...

I don't have that cookbook, I'll have to check it out sometime. The enchiladas look good but your cheesy ones look better. :-)