vegan mofo: simple and quick tostada

So here is another thing I like to make for dinner when I have zero time: refried bean tostadas! It's pretty simple...I spray a corn tortilla (there is usually a package in my freezer) with cooking spray and heat it up each side over medium heat in a skillet. When that's done I spread it with some refried beans (usually out of a can) and then top with whatever veggies I have on hand. This week it was red bell pepper, onion, and romaine. Oh, and usually I like to douse it with salsa and hot sauce too. And there you have it, a delicious dinner ready in about 15 min.


7 comments:

thefloweringcactus said...

@ VD:that looks very tempting! I would definitely make it for my parents who would be visiting me shortly! thanks!

nora said...

My family used to make tostadas all the time! the good ol days!!

chow vegan said...

That looks amazing for a super, quick and easy meal! I'm going to have to get some tortillas for the freezer just so I can make this on those days when I'm out of time and starving. Thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love simple dinners like this.

aTxVegn said...

One of my favorites too - with lots of salsa!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite, longtime standbys, as well, only I usually fry the tortilla. And I mean fry. I can't resist! They're SO tasty, especially corn ones.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous photo!!