This semester I seem to constantly be rushing off somewhere, so I don't have a lot of time to make supper most days. Twice a week I am teaching an undergraduate class and I come home completely drained (don't get me wrong, I am enjoying teaching, but it takes a lot out of you!). When I don't have a lot of time to cook and I am feeling exhausted, I like to turn to baked chimichangas.
It's simple...just heat your oven to 400 F. Take a tortilla, put in whatever fillings you desire, roll it up, spray with cooking spray, and cook until it is crispy...about 12 min. or so. Here's the chimichanga I had on Tuesday.
Okay so that one is kind of blah and boring-looking, but here is a better looking one with more colour from back in the summer:

It's simple...just heat your oven to 400 F. Take a tortilla, put in whatever fillings you desire, roll it up, spray with cooking spray, and cook until it is crispy...about 12 min. or so. Here's the chimichanga I had on Tuesday.
Okay so that one is kind of blah and boring-looking, but here is a better looking one with more colour from back in the summer:

5 comments:
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
that sounds a lot more satisfying than a regular burrito! gotta love the crunch
Lobs, can you believe how exhausted you are after a class? I finally realized it's like being a "performer" and you are giving it all out to others... Kathye
I have got to make some chimi's cuz that looks so awesome!
Great idea for a quick meal! Looks tasty! What kind of filling do you usually go with?
Post a Comment