I love pancakes. I think if I had to enter an eating contest it would most definitely be a pancake contest. I try not to make them very often and instead have them as an occasional treat. As great as I think starting off each morning with a plate of warm carbs smothered in Earth Balance and maple syrup would be, I know they're not the greatest thing for me (yes I've tried the low fat whole wheat varieties, but they're not the same).
Sunday I had a 2 hour kayak class in the afternoon and so I thought that I would treat myself to some delicious blueberry pancakes as I would be sure to burn them off whilst learning to paddle around. Blueberry pancakes have always presented a challenge to me....while they taste great, the batter often gets that unappealing green/blue/grey tinge that is just plain icky looking. I read somewhere on the internet that coating frozen blueberries in a bit of flour would prevent this, so I thought I would try it out.
Behold! Blueberry pancakes that are actually the color pancakes are supposed to be. Yum!

I used the recipe for basic pancakes from Vegan Brunch and just added in some frozen blueberries.
Sunday I had a 2 hour kayak class in the afternoon and so I thought that I would treat myself to some delicious blueberry pancakes as I would be sure to burn them off whilst learning to paddle around. Blueberry pancakes have always presented a challenge to me....while they taste great, the batter often gets that unappealing green/blue/grey tinge that is just plain icky looking. I read somewhere on the internet that coating frozen blueberries in a bit of flour would prevent this, so I thought I would try it out.
Behold! Blueberry pancakes that are actually the color pancakes are supposed to be. Yum!

I used the recipe for basic pancakes from Vegan Brunch and just added in some frozen blueberries.

4 comments:
Oh my - that looks ridiculously good.
NOM!
It's been awhile since I last ate a pancake. I've been wanting to make them but I don't want a big plate of carbs for breakfast either. But after seeing your pancakes, they're back on the list. Thanks and great tip on the blueberries! :-)
My favorite pancakes are blueberry! The ones I've been stuck on lately are sweet potato, but your great photo reminds me of my first love. :)
WANT!
Post a Comment