Look what happened yesterday.
And to make matters worse, it's supposed to snow all weekend. What?! This is way too early for snow, even for the Canadian prairies! The leaves haven't even fallen from the trees yet! Sigh...
Anyway, once I trudged home through the snow, I decided to use up some veggies by roasting them in the oven. Here is some eggplant, zucchini, and red pepper. I also threw in some tofu.
I also tried out a new type of squash (well, new to me). The lady at the farmer's market called it an "African squash." A Google search just revealed recipes for squash and yams and I was unable to find out too much information about it. But anyway, it's about the size of a baseball and dark green, as you can see here:
It was extremely difficult to cut in half...I ended up getting my knife stuck more than once. I roasted it up in the oven and to my surprise it was kind of stringy like spaghetti squash...in fact, it pretty much tasted like spaghetti squash too. Delicious loaded with salt and pepper.

Well, week 2 of Vegan MoFo is over! I shall return on Monday with tales of our Thanksgiving dinner. It's just the two of us this year though so I am trying to scale back. Really, I am. *cough*
And to make matters worse, it's supposed to snow all weekend. What?! This is way too early for snow, even for the Canadian prairies! The leaves haven't even fallen from the trees yet! Sigh...Anyway, once I trudged home through the snow, I decided to use up some veggies by roasting them in the oven. Here is some eggplant, zucchini, and red pepper. I also threw in some tofu.
I also tried out a new type of squash (well, new to me). The lady at the farmer's market called it an "African squash." A Google search just revealed recipes for squash and yams and I was unable to find out too much information about it. But anyway, it's about the size of a baseball and dark green, as you can see here:
It was extremely difficult to cut in half...I ended up getting my knife stuck more than once. I roasted it up in the oven and to my surprise it was kind of stringy like spaghetti squash...in fact, it pretty much tasted like spaghetti squash too. Delicious loaded with salt and pepper.
Well, week 2 of Vegan MoFo is over! I shall return on Monday with tales of our Thanksgiving dinner. It's just the two of us this year though so I am trying to scale back. Really, I am. *cough*

6 comments:
wow! Snow in October?? I'm not jealous....
but those veggies look goood~
Woah! That snow is frightening! Did Mother Nature forget that it's the beginning of October or what?
I heard rumors that it was suppose to snow around here (Chicago) over the weekend, but I refuse to believe it. Also, the weather channel hasn't confirmed such things, so we'll see...
Anyway, that squash is something! I'm glad you were able to safely get it opened up - finally :)
If it snowed this early in October here I would cry! Except, I shouldn't talk too much smack, it is suppose to be in the low 20's over the weekend! I still have my pool up! That squash looks yummy!
I love roasted veggies! Never heard of African squash before, I like that it's similar to spaghetti squash. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks! :-)
Snow - yikes! Never snows here, and I prefer just looking at pictures of it.
The veggies look perfect and the squash sounds delicious!
Snow in October!? Yuck! It gets cold where I live now, but rarely ever snows. I used to live farther up North, where we got a lot of snow, and I hated it. The cold and I are not friends.
Post a Comment