What would mofo be without a survey or two (or three or four)? This one I've seen floating around on a few mofo blogs....courtesy of Lauren.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
The only two I have tried are soy milk and rice milk. I found the rice milk watery and gross. I usually buy Vita Soy.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I've been meaning to make pizza for 3 months now. I need to make an appetizer for a potluck next week and I was thinking of samosas. I've also been meaning to make up a pot of chili.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I usually eat air-popped popcorn plain. I like that it tastes like nothing. Weird, I know.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Hmmm...the first time I tried to make apple pie I didn't know that they can boil over and so it ended up all over the bottom of my oven and almost caught on fire. That was hellish to clean up. And the pie wasn't even that good.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Definitely dill pickles! I love them so much.
6. How do your organized your recipe?
I have Living Cookbook software for my non-cookbook recipes. I have a LOT I need to import, just haven't gotten around to it.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash. If I had a garden I would compost.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Bananas, peanut butter, and strawberries
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Hmm...this is a tough one. Okay this sounds gross, but I used to love those instant Mr. Noodles with melted Cheez Whiz when I was a kid....I called them "wormy noodles" because they looked like worms.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I haven't had any amazing vegan ice cream...I would like to try the coconut milk ice cream but the only flavour I can find here is vanilla. BORING.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
I just received a Kitchen Aid artisan mixer for my wedding in August...I haven't had a chance to use it much yet but I love just looking at it!
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
You don't even want to know how much garlic we go through in our house...
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Company's Coming Meatless Cooking
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
I love crabapple jelly... I usually buy the no-sugar added strawberry jam, though
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
I make some really good enchiladas that everyone seems to love
16. Seitan, tofu or tempeh?
This is hard. I use tofu the most frequently. I love tempeh but the brand I like is only available at one store here and I don't often go there. I really like seitan, but I try to eat it only occasionally due to the fact that it's pure gluten.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I really like to cook brunch on a weekend when I have the time.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A bunch of receipts and my camera...probably my vitamins too.
19. Name 3 things in your freezer without looking.
Oh there are so many things! First three off the top of my head: blueberries, chili, corn kernels
20. What's on your grocery list?
I just went the store so not much on the list right now...garlic and brown paper bags.
21. Favorite grocery store?
The grocery stores here suck. I don't have a whole lot of options. My dream is to go to a Whole Foods some day!
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
There are a few Ukrainian recipes I've been meaning to veganize...
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it every day). Or maybe the top 3?
There are quite a few in my Google Reader that I check every day...Probably 30 or so?
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Ritter Sport Marzipan...mmmmm...
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I actually haven't purchased anything too extravagant lately...awhile ago I bought some peanut butter filled pretzels...they were kind of pricey but soooo worth it.
26. Ingredient you are scared to work with?
Candy making intimidates me. I've done a bit of it, but I found it scary and stressful.
vegan mofo: survey time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love samosas so much you should definitely make some :)
I love dark chocolate with marzipan too. Delicious. :)
Post a Comment