vegan mofo: my first 5k!


Last Sunday I completed my first 5k...the Canadian Breast Cancer Run for the Cure. It was a cold and miserable day but the turnout was great and it was such an awesome experience...I can't wait for more benefit runs in the spring! They didn't do times for each of the contestants, but I know I was less than 30 minutes which was my goal (yeah, I'm slow). Here is me at the finish line. Although it looks like that car is about to run me over, I assure you it was parked.

After my run I came home and made myself a brunch consisting of scrambled tofu and roasted potatoes. Mmm.



10 comments:

Mipa said...

wow, that brunch plate looks amazing.

nora said...

congrats! perfect post-run food!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Congratulations on your 5k!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Congrats on your run!

chow vegan said...

Congratulations on your first 5k! and what a great post-run meal! It looks delicious! :-)

Shelby said...

Congrats Carrie!
Your brunch looks yummy!

What a Dish! said...

Congrats- what a great thing!

Anonymous said...

congrats! i'm getting ready to do my first race at the end of this month. kinda scared!

Erin said...

Congrats! It would probably take me about two hours to do 5k, so I'm impressed!

Linda said...

Congratulations Carrie--that is a great time. You were better than I was after my walk--I had a plate of sweet potato pancakes & syrup!