A friend of mine on a cooking forum posted a recipe for a delicious sounding cheeseburger pizza. The version she posted certainly wasn't vegan, but as I read the recipe I kept fantasizing about how it would taste with vegan ingredients. First you start off with pizza crust (I used a soft crust in order to mimic a hamburger bun), a base of ketchup and mustard (in lieu of pizza sauce), ground round, and a nutritional yeast cheeze sauce. Here it is fresh out of the oven:
Next you top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, pickles, and mayo. Tastes JUST like a cheeseburger. A really, really, really good cheeseburger. It was kind of messy to eat, but a good cheeseburger should be messy in my opinion. Here it is smothered with all of the toppings:

Cheeseburger Pizza
-Pizza crust dough for one pizza
-1 package ground round
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
-2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
-1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
-1/2 cup dill pickles, chopped
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup dill pickle juice
-olive oil
-4 t. sesame seeds, divided
-a nutritional yeast cheeze sauce (I used Gooey Grilled Cheez from the Uncheese cookbook, but you can use whatever recipe you like...here is a fatfree one I use a lot)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
2. Prepare dough. Stretch dough to fit pizza pan.
3. Whisk ketchup and mustard together in a small bowl, set aside.
4. Combine lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles in a bowl; whisk mayonnaise and pickle juice together in a separate bowl.
5. Spread ketchup mixture onto dough, leaving a 1/2" border.
6. Brush edge of crust with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Top sauce with ground round and cheeze.
8. Bake pizza 10-12 minutes, until crust is golden.
9. Top pizza with salad mixture and drizzle with mayonnaise sauce.
Next you top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, pickles, and mayo. Tastes JUST like a cheeseburger. A really, really, really good cheeseburger. It was kind of messy to eat, but a good cheeseburger should be messy in my opinion. Here it is smothered with all of the toppings:
Cheeseburger Pizza-Pizza crust dough for one pizza
-1 package ground round
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
-2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
-1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
-1/2 cup dill pickles, chopped
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup dill pickle juice
-olive oil
-4 t. sesame seeds, divided
-a nutritional yeast cheeze sauce (I used Gooey Grilled Cheez from the Uncheese cookbook, but you can use whatever recipe you like...here is a fatfree one I use a lot)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
2. Prepare dough. Stretch dough to fit pizza pan.
3. Whisk ketchup and mustard together in a small bowl, set aside.
4. Combine lettuce, onion, tomatoes and pickles in a bowl; whisk mayonnaise and pickle juice together in a separate bowl.
5. Spread ketchup mixture onto dough, leaving a 1/2" border.
6. Brush edge of crust with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Top sauce with ground round and cheeze.
8. Bake pizza 10-12 minutes, until crust is golden.
9. Top pizza with salad mixture and drizzle with mayonnaise sauce.

12 comments:
Um, that looks like ours!!!
Good job sistah!!!
Jam
Your veganized one looks YUMMY!
wow, i am SO going to do this!!
I want a cheeseburger pizza now, that looks so feckin good!!!
that looks great! I never would have thought to use those toppings.
I saw that on the PPK and I still think that the crust looks so amazing!
Lobs, how yummy!
I want to make this asap with the frozen blob of pizza dough I have in my freezer! First I have to barrel my way through leftovers before I can enjoy me some cheeseburger pizza!
Oh my god, you had me at the post title! Hook, line, and sinker. Brilliant idea!
Um...DELICIOUS!
This is awesome!
what a fun twist on a burger! i love that you added the sesame seeds to the crust!
Post a Comment