Delicious Vegan Pizza

The other night I was home by myself and I decided to treat myself to a pizza for dinner. The crust is the peasant bread recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day...it was interesting (in a good way!). It was thin and crispy, but had a strong whole wheat bread taste, which I like, but I'm not sure others would. The dough was about 10 days old so the flavour was more developed.


Anyhoo, I also roasted up some red pepper and zucchini. I sliced some mushrooms to throw on there, and caramelized a TON of onions. An entire extra large onion. I topped it off with a balsamic reduction and Bryanna's tofu feta (which didn't really melt, but tastes amazing).

5 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

balsamic reduction and tofu feta on pizza sounds awesome!

Shelby said...

LOVE your toppings!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

The "stringy-ness" of the onions always helps replace the stringy cheese I still sometimes crave. I will never have vegan pizza without caremelized onions from now on...

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I think that looks spankingly awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best looking vegan pizzas I have ever seen