MoFo Wrap-Up (and Halloween cake)

Wow...I really dropped the ball on the last week of MoFo. My only excuse is that I had a very important committee meeting for my Ph.D. dissertation this week and that ate up a LOT of my time. But I don't feel all that badly because I reached my goal of 20 posts. All of you other MoFo-ers, I really enjoyed reading your blogs and congrats on a job well done!

Anyhoo, so yesterday was Halloween. And so I made cake. I usually don't make cake since it's just the two of and half of it gets wasted, but I wanted to use my new orange and black coloring gels (no, they're not at all natural, they're chemical, for shame..).

I was going for a scary melty-cake kind of look. I think it worked. At first the bf just thought I was horrible at cake decorating...I had to explain that I was trying to make it look that way. Sheesh.

It was my first time actually writing on a cake. Clearly I need more practice.

Oh, and check out the lovely job on our pumpkin that the bf did:

5 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Soo festive! I think the cake looks great. And good luck with the dissertation. I know how stressful that can be.

Linda said...

You did a great job on the cake, Lobs, and I really like the colors. Hey as long as you can read it, I say it's good. :o)

I love your BF's pumpkin--it's scary!

Anonymous said...

I've never carved a pumpkin, so I'm totally impressed with the job you guys did on yours.

Shelby said...

the cake fits right in for halloween! LOVE the carved pumpkin!

Jen Treehugger said...

Awesome Pumpkin and nice Cake too. Well done on all your MoFo'ing!
:)