I'm always reading on the internet how the Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance is extremely delicious. Somehow I just never got around to making it...perhaps because in the book it's paired with mashed potatoes, and I'm not the biggest mashed potato fan ever (too many years eating them against my will as a child). Well, I finally remedied that. Let me just say....wow. Wow. This gravy actually made me speechless. I ended up eating a significant portion right out of the pan with a spoon. In fact, I think I would change things around a little bit and make it as a stew. Here is the gravy on top of mashed potatoes, pictured with Baked BBQ Tofu from Veganomicon. The tofu was okay...nothing too special about it, just baked tofu with BBQ sauce. But who cares...the gravy was the star of the show.
Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy....my new love
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 9:09 AM
Labels: chickpeas, potatoes, tofu, Vegan with a Vengeance, Veganomicon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love seeing these recipes that I haven't tried yet! This one's definitely on my list.
\the first time i made that gravy it came out waaaay to lemony - but now i make it without the lemon and OMG its sooo awesome. Glad to see someoen else is a huge fan!
OK, like you, I've read the rave reviews, but never made this. Why?? I've gotta get my act together and try this. I'm a lover of the mashed potato, so I find your photo extremely drool-worthy.
I'm a big fan of this gravy, it is awesome.
This looks absolutely amazing, all of it! Of course, I'm eying that tofu!
Post a Comment