Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

I've been on the waiting list at my public library for "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" for months and months. I started to lose hope that my turn would ever arrive when one day the library called me and told me it was ready for me to pick up. Now I see what all of the commotion is about. I've only tried a few of the recipes so far. I've been making the basic peasant bread quite a bit...the bf is convinced it's the best bread I've ever made. I also used the peasant dough to make pitas, and while I think this recipe produces a better pita, the ones from the book were still mighty tasty and nothing can beat the ease of pinching off a ball of dough, rolling it out, baking it, and voila, you have a pita. Just like that.


It is almost my turn to give the book back to the library and let some other lucky person have their turn. But I have asked for it for Christmas...so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

P.S. Seems like this book is becoming popular in the vegan food blog world...go check out what other people have to say.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the book around for a couple times now. Looks like I should get my hands on it. Your bread looks very nice.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous loaf of bread, Lobs. I would be happy with that & a stick of buttah.